Check out what people in South Africa are doing for World Rhino Day! Join them if you can!
- Durbanville Hills Race the Rhino, a mountain bike race organized by the Endangered Wildlife Trust (EWT) will take place in Van Gaalen, Magaliesberg, Gauteng.
- A three-course “Save the Rhino” menu with wine pairings will be held at Reuben’s, One & Only in Cape Town, with guest speaker Galeo Saintz.
- The Rhino Run, a countrywide trail running event organized by Sian O’Keeffe, Thandi Rhino Injection Fund, EWT, and MyPlanet Rhino Fund.
- The RhinoSerious campaign together with WESSA will be hosting a concert for conservation at Riverside Mall in Nelspruit to benefit anti-poaching efforts.
- A World Rhino Day Walk will take place in George (Western Cape), starting on York Street, and is organized by Facebook groups Save Our Rhino and Outraged South African Citizens Against Poaching.
- “I Will Be Your Voice” is holding a World Rhino Day celebration on 18 September that will include an art auction, live music, and a three course dinner. The event will benefit Chipembere Rhino Foundation.
- FedGroup Berg & Bush will celebrate World Rhino Day with a mountain bike race through KwaZulu-Natal on Saturday, 22 September, which will benefit Spioenkop Game Reserve’s 28 white rhinos.Part of the race will actually cross through the reserve in an area where rhinos might be seen!
- Rhino Africa will also be organizing an event, so be sure to keep an eye on their Facebook page.
- Click here to see World Rhino Day events taking place elsewhere in Africa!
Hosting your own World Rhino Day event? Click here to add it to the official World Rhino Day event map!